The Comfy Chair

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Comfy Chair

Post  Renee on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 08:33

I hope that the little daisies settle in well. My autumn/winter tub is very colourful and I still have the wild antirrhinums in bloom on the rockery in the back garden.

Good luck with the funding. You're doing so much to make Weeley a nicer place.

My sneezes seem to have stopped, thank goodness and I have a Zumba class this morning and then tootsies done in Chorley this afters! thumbsup

wave wave
Renee

Back to top Go down

Re: The Comfy Chair

Post  'Ol Pol on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 08:48

Ahhhh TROTTER TREATMENT as Marie honeycut used ter say SO funny SO funny
How many Zulu clarses do ya need to go to to learn it fully then...? SO funny

seems a tad dull at first here BUT also seems almost settled...I hear its gonna get el~nippo over coming daze and maybe some sloshy sleet by Fridddly...
One needs to take the jallop in fer an MOT and minuet soon so one will be carless terday as theres "NO RUSH" :giggle

Rezzy Committee meeting ternight: otherwise TTFN...must RUSH... taunt wave wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 16:11

One has been doing a LOT more leaf collecting, and still oodles more to go. Can't burn it today it's too wet, although my neighbour is having a go, so we're smokin' anyways!! Rolling Eyes

Yup meeting tonight... then relax!
Ronnytigs
Admin

http://pols.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 17:04

Well, I've had my trotters done, but that walk from Chorley centre uphill all the way to Parkview foot place put me out a bit, especially in the freezing cold weather. It was nice and toasty warm in the waiting room with lots of nice magazines to read. I don't take the car, because the buses are every 10 minutes.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 20:33

BUT........ooop hill going perhaps.... but DARNHILL coming back...? Giggle Giggle shrug Eekrun Eekrun

Super meetyuppy ternight although it went on fer half hour extra as there was lots to natter about fainting fainting Trying ter get a date fer NEXT years AGM in March...hall vacancy fer the right time etc etc we have to publish it a month before the date so thats already gonna be February... Shocked Shocked

'SNOT so cold here atm.................dark but not so cold SO funny SO funny
Buses ???...its time I used MY as yet unused bussypass herabouts...? fainting fainting terrified terrified

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 21:07

Not really, it was oophill for a bit and then darnhill, It's like that everywhere around here. Rolling Eyes

There might be somewhere naice that you could go to by bus? It would take twice as long though, because they keep stopping.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 08:51

I'm sure we'll use our passes more as the years go by, the trouble is the car is so much more convenient and quicker.

Nice quiet day today - I sent off our funding bid yesterday evening, so keep your fingers crossed for us.
I shall be sweeping up more leaves, and hopefully having another bonfire this evening. It did say no rain today, BUT there is a mizzle this morning even so. angry

I might even get to do a bit more on my oil painting today... one never knows. thumbsup
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 09:58

I do hope that you get the necessary funding. thumbsup

It's a beautiful day here and I'm having a day in, I think, unless I've forgotten something. Giggle I'm cooking a duck, which was very low price at Asda and having a go at cooking red cabbage. I think that I have all the ingredients. Ouch, I've just remembered that I've cleaned my oven recently, so may well cook it in the halogen.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 10:56

Never been struck on duck tbh... shrug sorta meat I 'spose...? Giggle

I really oughta get the Hazelator out at some time and do some cookery wizzardry Rolling Eyes scratch shrug Shocked

The funding is jist a naicety fer the village IF we get some BUT its only a help ter do stuff a tad quicker than otherwise...OR we'll fundraise some other way...our current balance proves we are well able smileinabox smileinabox thumbsup thumbsup

Blimey one was about ter get ooop this morno as per usual BUT..... somehow one faded into the ether fer ages longer... hide asleep asleep asleep asleep Sleep Sleepshrug Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Despite there being NO rain fer this morning...errrm its flippin' RAINING:shock: shrug shrug rain rain BUT sunny wivvit.. sun and cloud sun and cloud shrug scratch

Mizz Tigzz has constructed a MASSSSIVE pile of leaves ter ignite at some point:faint: fainting

Lovely feeling now that we have ZILCH much ter do other than faffing around the ranch...cheerwave OMG cheers cheers sofabounce sofabounce
We have a concert to attend at 't church on Sunday...NOT churchy stuff but  12 girls in a group singing more modern stuff-we had them a while back when only 15 or so attended BUT now we've sold prolly 70 tickets:omg: OMG ??

SO one is now setting up a program for my own concert thing at the OAP prison in Clakky - I have an hour ter do  and am sorting tooons from the inmates era...(Mainly Natty King Cole material - sort of - plus a few newer toons)

SO one is relaxing tempyrarily and waiting fer rum'o'clock to appear:cheer: OMG in wine in wine in wine

Giggle Giggle hide jig jig wave wave wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 17:52

Just tried to light my bonkfire, using white spirit, but it's defying me!! Chuckle Too damp, so it will probably smoke all night now!

Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 19:01

Giggle Giggle ooooono it ISN'T..... SO funny SO funny SO funny

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 19:39

Shocked Blimey it's oop in flames already!! SO funny
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 22:44

Laughing You did well then, with the white spirit!

That will be a nice turn-out at the church on Sunday! Will you be playing then?

I went through a phase of sleeping far too long a couple of weeks ago, when I had a bit of a headachy virus, but I'm fairly alright now.

Phone call from Mk2! We were talking about WW2 bombers and stuff!

Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 08:52

He sure knows how to treat a girl, doesn't he? SO funny

Bloomin' cold here this morning!

Pol's daughter Avril has decorated their downstairs loo with lovely paper, sort of white'ish background with black line drawings of ostriches burying their heads! The bottom half is blue boards, and It looks lovely, so I am drawing a picture of an ostrich head as a prezzie - they don't have to put it in there if they don't want to. Wink

Other than that, more leaves, and there are still loads left to come down Rolling Eyes
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:02

Yayyyy Bombers...errrm is the war over then...? scratch
Janines Grandfather flew in one of ours in WW2 from  East Anglia somewhere...he had an 'almost tan look' compared to us whities and he was a 'Merican dude.
Glen Miller also took orft (for his last & fateful) from near us in Bedford at Twinwoods that was a WW2 runway...we had several in this area as were were nearer to the Girmans....fainting Rolling Eyes  I have some WW2 Ammo found near me in Bedford, and one rather large "bullet" is currently screwed to my drum room door...just saying Rolling Eyes SO funny

Sunny but &*&**&%$ cold starters here terday...I hear they forecast SNOW fer us laterwards terday...????shrug

Ones car had a successful MOT so I jist heard, so that needs collecting soonest...

WE keep getting "calls from India" angrystamp angrystamp  as in 4 an hour...angrystamp angrystamp angrystamp
shrug Mizz won't allow me to "fully express myself" to the callers when I answer the fone...I do provide apt lessons in Anglo Saxonist linguisticals on such occasions...Cool Cool smileinabox smileinabox thumbsup thumbsup

SO its looking like MORE LEAFYBITZ will suffer later terday... thumbsup Shocked Shocked terrified terrified Giggle Giggle

It REALLY feels well odd NOT having stuff that needs doing and getting ter do what WE want ter do.............. cheerwave sofabounce

Nope Aunty... the churchy stuff muskical event  is entirely down to the singy ladies singing... bedtime Bad idea Bad idea Bad idea

SO much terdo about nufffink innit sofabounce sofabounce   wave wave wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 16:52

The painting will look lovely in Avril's downstairs loo! What a nice prezzy!

Just larfing at the bullet on the drummy door! SO funny

I had a couple of calls from India yesterday morning and one from "help" to install new windows. I've had that one three times now. Press 9 to find out more and press 5 to stop the calls. I did nothing. Of course, there was no number there, so I couldn't report them.

It will be nice to hear the ladies singing and you might find one to sing with your band ... or maybe it isn't the same kind of moosic! Giggle

Well, I've been beautified at the hairdressers! I like the colour very much. It was bitterly cold in Chorley and time for the thermals. I should have put them on today.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 16:55

SO funny SO funny Well, I've been beautified at the hairdressers! SO funny SO funny

errm nearly the time of year fer MIRACLES though innit............I'll keep me eyes peeled for a big star over head ternight then.................. Rolling Eyes SO funny SO funny SO funny SO funny SO funny

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 19:33

Bloomin' calls from India - the first one was at 7.30am, and the next at 8.20!! angrystamp ******* angrystamp

Picture is nearly finished, I am copying it from one I found on-line, and I'm pretty pelased with the way it's going atm. Cool One has to be 'in the mood' when one does these things! Wink
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 22:24

I've really got the giggles now! Rolling Eyes taunt taunt

I'm pleased that the painting has gone well Ronny. I'd love to see a photo of it, if you have time.

How annoying to get those calls so early in the morning.

Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 08:19

Shopping in Clacton after dropping Pol off to chat to the warden of the place where he's doing a performance before Christmas. Then to Tescorama and home.

I shall take some photos later - I haven't quite finished any pictures yet, but you'll get the idea. The oil painting is a real challenge, I'm not happy with it and have to try and alter a few things. Rolling Eyes

It rained in the night, but still hasn't warmed up at all.
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 08:33

I wouldn't know how to even start a painting. Rolling Eyes I always admire anyone who can paint!

I've just been writing a bad review for the Post Office in Chorley. All I wanted was to post a card to the Netherlands and I must have been asked about 10 questions. They are trying to drum up more business for the Post Office. The queue was growing because there was only one man on the counter.

Golly, it's the 1st December already! Christmas is nearly upon us! fainting Supermarkets are getting busier!
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 09:27

I know! Pol keeps thinking he's got loads of time, and when I gave him Christmas cards to do, he's just put it to one side.... Rolling Eyes Winking Chuckle Chuckle
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 09:34

YEP...modern "idea's" aint always conjusive wiv common sense izzzzit...errm are they shrug  

Years ago I tried to use 101 whatever it was fer NHS advice and the 4 million questions BEFORE I could ask anything really didn't help...All I wanted was a yes or NO type answer THEN the call handler had to go and ask someone else anyway...(pre questioned on how many times I'd ever called them and what phone,  was the patient breathing,had an ambulance ever attended and when etc etc etc) I HAVE to have me say at such times... shrug Shocked angrystamp angrystamp Giggle Giggle

Really wet here over night BUT at least the real snow didn't occur as forcast...we had two minor snowy showers yusterday and it looked like we were "infurrit" SO funny Big darkest cloudybitz on the horizon here though...along with some low volume sunnybitz... sun and cloud  rain  sun and cloud  rain

As Mizz stated, we're oprft to the town area this morning...I'll be doing my stuff  while Mizz gets to go shopping again ...I 'spose I'll soon have to start thinking about some minor Krimbo shopping soon Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Its STILL hard ter come to terms with having nowt spesh to do here... OMG  shrug

I prefer to paint with acrylics meself as the colours are vibrant and they dry damned quick too... shrug  Oils are OK BUT they take weeks to dry out...the advantage of course is that yer can alter stuff fer days before they dry too much...acrylics dry within the hour pretty much...I do occasionally use water colours too but they are a bit "woman" fer me Shocked  SO funny

When Mizz said she wanted ter 'paint summat'.... I thought she meant the eaves or me garage doors  or the front door frame shrug  SO funny  SO funny  SO funny  SO funny

Glad to get my car back, and espesh when it went through with no work to do onnit... thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup

SO..... one will now wotsit..........................
Bad idea  wave  wave  wave  wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 16:32

It's 111 that you dial, so I don't know where you wented to! shrug People usually ring for advice and they always ask a few questions first. I had to ring them when Mk2 forgot to bring his rat poison. It was about 7:30 at night. They said that they would ring us back, but that happened quite quickly and he spoke to a doctor, gave him details and the doc sent a prescription down to Asda. We just got there in time before the pharmacy closed! Panic over!

What d'you mean, you've nowt to do! Mizz did mention the Chrissy cards I believe. hide

How is one's Poppycat?

I fought my way through some branches of a tree, which weren't there last year and re-hung the bird feeder with some fat balls that I bought from B&Q, which were twice the price of Aldi's, but they'd sold out. I'll do some more trimming back of the tree tomorrow.

Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 17:20

You tel 'im Renners! Giggle

I have posted pics of my pics on the arty farty section Renners. Very Happy (Paint the eaves indeed! Rolling Eyes )
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next