The Comfy Chair

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Re: The Comfy Chair

Post  Ronnytigs on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 16:51

No we could only book an early table for 5.30, so should be back in time! Giggle
Ronnytigs
Admin

http://pols.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 17:14

Hopefully there'll be a massive 4 hour queue fer food ternight.................... shrug SO funny SO funny
Yep one also jist does Fingies and BBnz if possible as its all I can manage sometimes tbh shrug

One Dorter has had a prango in the family saloon and seems its a write orft... fainting Shocked Shocked  she was rear ended by a bloke in a Range Rover its seems, while queuing ter get inter  Ikea... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes they're all OK (Dorter and Elves) but now NO car...!
Matt does have his left hand drive Camper van though...she doesn't have that to drive !!!... she has just finished fer workybitz fer a couple of weeks fortunately BUT not the time of year ter be car-less... and not the right time to sort cars out...she drives miles fer work too...reet ooop to Barnstabubble twice a week:shock: (one and a half hour drive)

Jist heard back from Big Al (Thrust) after seeing his name come ooop as  a " might know"...I posted to say Hi and he's just replied...

Anyway...its a long long way to Tipperary I hear...? shrug scratch wave wave terrified terrified

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 20:46

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's car, but thankful that they're alright. I hope that the insurance company will provide a car.

Yes, I see Big Al occasionally on FB. He seems to be doing good things these days. He was on Radio 4 recently, I seem to remember.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 09:35

All such a long time ago now - glad to know he's still about though. Very Happy

Very hard frost here this morning, it'll be interesting to see what plants survive, as I haven't moved anything to the greenhouse this year, including the olive trees.

Cleaning through today, ready to put the Xmas decs up. Cool
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 09:55

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes errm yup............errm dekkies....... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Xmas tree Xmas tree Xmas tree Giggle Giggle

We woz trying to recall the name of the old fella that had a throne avatar - as in Prime Minister stuff...he lived in Milton Keyes in the end but then died...he loved his model railways...sort of the boards "lord"...? I can remember a few old names but others are too distant now...?

The man car bashers insurance want to pay Avs out immediately and offers £3K without even seeing the car, plus £100 compo...its a grand or so less than she paid two years ago and wouldn't exactly replace like for like?...she's supposed to be having a courtesy car too but its a bad time of year to go car hunting espesh when needing to find the difference...I've told her to take her own insurance peeps advice on that and not to rush...?

Deffo a HARD frost terday..sort of a grey looking sky with the sun there, BUT at low volume...sun and cloud sun and cloud .
I've already topped the bird feeders oop and been to me garage area to top up the top up container. from the bigger toppyuppy one..errm that too needed topping ooop-after being dead empty...we jist had anuvver 25Kgs of seed arrive Winking need to do summat about their water out ther so they get drinkies too...the bird Barf is frozen el~solid OMG Bad idea shrug

One is mid cleary uppy in me office/mancave... and I've started to try to remember to FILE stuff away...especially now thers multiple Carncil stuff ooop there...the funding stuff also local planning...not to ferget the Rezzzi sttuff too...thumbsup hide

I also wanna tidy me bench area although its not bad yet...jist ter keep it tidy now...? thumbsup thumbsup

Have a naice day ....wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:04

That's nice! You're going to have a fun day!

The temperature was supposed to be -3 during the night and the car windscreen looked icy before I went to bed, but this morning there's no trace of ice and it's just wet! It's going to be 10C today!

I don't post much on FB and tend to get lorst when I do. I looked in this morning and discovered that I'd sent Ol'wotsit a PM instead of on his FB page a few weeks ago or so. I will learn what to do on the eventually ... maybe! shrug I joined FB to keep in contact with Cath (Ringwraith), which is the only place where she posts these days. Chezzie is there too.

It's all systems go today, cleaning everywhere, booking a taxi for Tuesday and a final sorting out of my clothes. I've promised Mk2 not to go out in my car again before I leave, just in case! Shocked He's right, I suppose and I don't need to go anywhere.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:15

We crossed!

I think I vaguely know who you mean who had a "throne" avatar, but didn't really know him. I knew Repka, of course from the Freerange board, which was started by Al before Points Aspew (?). He posted at Stinking Bishop on Aspew. Chezzie took me to the Freerange board, because she and Rog were there and I knew Rog from the Blue Pond message board, where Chezzie was the moderator. I got to know Marie well, who brought me here!

Poor Avril. Yes, good advice not to rush into doing anything. It's so easy to make a wrong decision at a time like that.

Who do you get the seed from? I was looking online for Mk2 the other day, because he buys several packs at a time from Lidl. The bloomin's squirrels go through such a lot as well as the birds.

Oooh yes, correct filing and stuff is so important when you are so involved with things.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 14:05

TBH I mainly use FB ter 'wind' some idiots ooop, also to see what Avs/family is ooop to.... also I use a Bedford local History site now and again as I still have lotsa oldy piccies to offer and scan...occasionally I see odd "oldies" peeps posting now and again ,such as Al/Thrust and stuff...TBH I keep getting banned fer saying summat that 'they' don't agree with...shrug Giggle Giggle
In fact FB don't like me using my nick name acount (Diggersbluzeband) as I can't prove who I am...shrug despite having used my nick name (Digger) for nye on 60 years now...? so IF I dissypear after the weekend then I'll still be there wiv me real name...

Mizz does all the online bird feedy stuff so she'll let ya know the info...its a tad cheaper than buying tiddly smaller bags from Woolies /wherever Giggle Kennedy Seed or summat...she'll post later..?

One also had to do another letter ter the papers before I fergot this morning...the Carncil tried to ban a local garden centre - in the high court but lost-from doing their regular "WinterWonderland" stuff because of "traffic" issues:angryl: ...yet the same planners are looking at accepting a HUGE new housing development on the very same road system that would see trillions more cars blocking the very same road??...one therefore had ones say on their hipocritical wotsit... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Been hevvy el~freezio terday, until half an hour ago, when the drizzle came upon'uth...we had all the kitcho gear outside while one assisted Mizz T mopping the whole floor...jist did it in time too shrug

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 15:38

Yes Kennedy Wild Bird Seed https://www.kennedywildbirdfood.co.uk/collections/bird-seed-mixed/products/economy-wild-bird-mixed-seeds-25kg

It's a big sack, so I hope he has somewhere to store it - usually only lasts us about 5 weeks. Shocked
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 15:50

Thanks very much, Ronny.  That's an excellent price and I'll send the link to Mk2.  Yes he still has lots of sheds, stables etc. even though he is down to two acres now.   Rolling Eyes

Another letter???  Good for you ...  there are too many idiots around with no brains. shrug
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 20:08

Yep we need to maintain pressure on 't carncil wollars...the local public are ooop iin arms with over 4000 signatures...
I s'pose Mk2 will store said stuff in an anti marse/ratty bin if he gets some...we use a galvanised dustybion fer ours...I put the bag in the bin as well and scoop seed out into another smaller container that we keep in't house...

Thrust reminded me that it was CARTY... the old geezer I'd fergot...he says he still has the site BUT its froze-on hold...?

Anyway.....still wet here and its litterpicking in the moprning............ fainting fainting

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 20:40

Oh Carty ... I remember him. I was thinking about someone else. There aren't many of us left! Sad Winking I'm in contact occasionally with Jules, who is a nurse in London. I forget her name on Aspew.

Oh no! Litter picking again? It should start in the school, of course and from parents. I hope that there isn't too much to pick up.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 09:16

Well so do we, on the other hand, we would like it to be wrthwhile!! Chuckle

I think Jules was called Floris? I also remember Cybermalcolm with great fondness. He used to have some great words and sayings - peeps and grismal were his favourites. Very Happy

Putting the decoartions up today after the litter picking, and then we have the Parish Council, meeting tonight.
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:20

Yep one is not gonna do picky uppy stuff until it warms ooop out there laterwards fainting ...-I went down the shed area looking fer summat thats not there...scratch and the cold air got to my chest even then,......one is dead chesty atm and the larst fing I need is ter be pneumatic....................innit Giggle sick Giggle Giggle More tea needed too shrug

Its nice'n'sunny atm...so lets hope the tempy also picks ooop accordingly??... sun and cloud sun and cloud

I do recall some old forum names and now Mizz reminded us I do recall errrrm whatsername now too.... OMG Bad idea shrug There was also Barncy Castle I think she was also NHS/sy too...we did meet a few others on a couple of meet ups
We did the first London one then another in Birmingham.......Bostin-a small black girl from Brum...another BIG fat one Saragon summat who went orft with him that was ex navy...? Andrew a tubby gay bloke (also a nurse?)...the Brum meet when we met Telecaster and Bon Bon...
From the board; then was Malcom I knew as he was from Darkest Luton near me...there was also a sales rep I think was Lee/Leigh...from nearby Bucks or Herts somewhere? A welsh bloke Rondo or summat , plus all those we knew more recently like Sprey and Hilda wotsit Giggle Giggle SO funny SO funny etc Sad .. shrug shrug

Glad I sent me letter to the papers yusterday suggesting that our local roads are already a threat with extrra cars due to planning...as sadly we've had a couple more fataiities over the weekend and a local B road closed all day yusterday exacto where a large local plan fer millions of new houses is under appeal after a refusal... shrug shrug Shocked Shocked Its odd how things pan out at times...!! Rolling Eyes fainting

Ones son called from Floridaville yesterday and said their wevver had dipped right down to the late 60 summats a couple of times............ Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Giggle Giggle he was on the fone fer about an hour too... Shocked They lost a few trees during the hurricane and wrecked some wooden fencing but otherwise they didn't get too much real damage...he was more upset about the trees copping badly it as they were real old tall Pines and were "ALIVE" he said...

Mizz has done most of the dekkies I think?... but 'we've' somehow lost a rollyuppy extention cable gadget.... scratch shrug Much needed to do the outside LED lights on a net outside.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

SO one will now vammooooose................ Eekrun Eekrun Eekrun Eekrun wave wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 18:44

Wot 'e said - we are soon off to the PC meeting, and then not a lot to do. Winking
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 20:05

Yes, Jules was Floris. Bouncy (Jane), posts on FB using her real name now. She worked for a charity and was made redundant. Her mother became ill and died. She posts on FB on Al's page, I think. The big fat black one sends me birthday greetings on FB, fer some reason. shrug I was Hylda Baker, but then I think I mentioned it a while ago. Rog's idea, because he said I would need to shout on that board. I changed back to my own name. I didn't know many on there and hardly ever posted.

Anyway, I shouldn't be here ... packing to do. Don't think I'll be ready in time. Rolling Eyes See you when I get there.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Tue 19 Dec 2017, 08:32

I expect you might be on your way this morning, have a good journey Renners. wave
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Tue 19 Dec 2017, 09:03

YEP farewell................ Rolling Eyes wave wave

Very frosty here...(errrm WHY Iam I even saying that...??? shrug scratch )
I need to get back in me shed ter finish the clearing uppies I'd started before my welfare became threatened by "a Man Cold"...
NOW worried about the chesty follow ooop thiough as apparently some peeps in these parts have had exacto that...I really don't need pneumonia...still a bit achy but prolly do to be a lazy ****** Rolling Eyes Winking Winking

I suppose we'll need to wait untill the stage coach reaches the darkest Sarth of Engrand and Aunty Renners gets tipped out at t'other end... Winking Winking

SO...fer now.................Eekrun Eekrun wave wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Tue 19 Dec 2017, 16:29

Lovely lunch at Prezzos for both of us, with friends, with a walk along the Prom afterwards. Quite icy wind but very sunny, so made for a pleasant afternoon.

All hunkered in now for the evening. We stopped at Morrisions on the way home and bought the advertised Prawn Thai Curry & Rice Coconut Leaf Boxes and some beef sticky bites, as a pre-Christmas treat! Very Happy
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Tue 19 Dec 2017, 20:25

YEP...................... Tasty Tasty Tasty some of which have somehow evaporated...............already Tasty

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Tue 19 Dec 2017, 20:27

Giggle
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Tue 19 Dec 2017, 22:05

Oh, how very naice!

10 mins before taxi, I dropped most of a bag of ready prepared kale on the kitchen floor. Tonight, I made cheese and tomato on toast on a Pyrex plate on to the floor. Glarss everywhere! Off to bed now!
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 08:30

Over-excited aincha? Giggle Wink

Nothing to do today - I shall relax and enjoy it. Very Happy
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 09:42

eerrrrmmm Rolling Eyes shrug shrug Bad idea Bad idea Bad idea hide hide (drunken violence...???)

YEP...we're sorta FREeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee now...except fer attending a local muskic and drinkies concert termorrow evo in aid of the lad that was shot dead in Franceshire larst year by a terryrist scumbag angrystamp angrystamp angrystamp he was a Weeley lad and his - parents live nearby to us.

Velly velly mild and most damp here this morning...NO windyscreen clearing needed...despite the fact that we don't need to use a car terday anyway..... smileinabox

Glad yer made the journey without incident then Aunty ??... scratch errrm yer din't drop 'owt on the way didya Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Giggle Giggle

I shall continue with cleaning & clearing ooop me gawage area and muskic room as I stopped mid clearing...need to be clear fer Krimbo...... Xmas tree santa santa santa

(as an aside...we heard at a Carncil meeting the other night where cops don't go out alone on some calls as they are afraid..................................we are to now pay higher Carncil taxes here in order to fund MORE cops who daren't go out alone. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes shrug shrug ) Giggle

The demented squidgel appears to have removed a lower part of a feeder that one had HOT GLUED in place...errrm its NOW RIVETTED in place shrug Giggle Giggle

Onwards and wotsit...........................have a nice time darn SARF................ Winking Winking wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 13:20

I've just lost my post. Feeling very lazy this morning. Going to Screwfix, Lidl and Teso soon.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next