The Comfy Chair

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Re: The Comfy Chair

Post  Renee on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 22:47

It's much too cold to do outdoor painting now and you're much too talented to do work like that! shrug Giggle

I had a phone call from a friend tonight. She said that she's phoning friends instead of sending Chrissy cards this year. thumbsup
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 07:57

Well the postage cost alone is dreadful - I stopped sending them years ago. Wink And for loved ones i send the same one with more writing in!! Chuckle
Ronnytigs
Admin

http://pols.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 08:36

I suppose that if I stop sending them, they might think I'm a gonner! Giggle My friend Anita used to look on the back to see how much people had paid! Giggle So one time I rubbed out the price and put 1 1/2d!!! I have 8 cards to deliver to neighbours.

Rain overnight here and hasn't brightened up yet. Staying in and writing cards.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 09:00

It's very damp here, and I really need to get on and tidy up a bit in the garden, and there are still loads more leaves, although the front looks reasonably presentable atm.

Apart from that, not a lot, which feels rather strange - I don't like not having things to do - all my Christmas prezzies are wrapped and ready... more or less!!

I have broken two patterned pyrex dishes, small ones, over the past few months, they were so handy for keeping left overs in and re-heating etc.... I shall have to look on-line for replacements, as I couldn't find any in the shops when I looked.
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 10:29

Yep I was still using some of our old Pyrex weddy prezzies back in Bedderstown...I might even still have some somewhere...? shrug scratch

Prices on cards ?...I tend to re-write the prices and generally they'll then read around £14;95 or summat Winking I DO like doing me cards and tend to do a yearly catchyuppy of late...I try to keep in touch with some Bedford peeps...we had our first'un yusterday from my late wife's bruv and his missus (the super rich'uns)...Just doing Rich and Janines in USA as its also their wedding anniversary just before Krimbles..and his Birthday on THIRST of January in wine in wine ..we also send the calender for them as they love UK birds stuff chicken chicken dancing thumbsup thumbsup

'SNOT so cold here atm but an autumnistical dampness prevails... scratch I heard it'll get slightly "not so cold" fer a bit THEN it goes flippin nippy again...I wish they'd make their minds ooop and start summer EARLY smileinabox smileinabox sunny geek geek

Gradually sorting me forthcoming muskical stuff out...I went to see them yusterday to get a feel of the room etc...its quaite small, COMPARED to what one is used to and they're only hoping to get around 30 prisoners attending TOO Rolling Eyes .. its a meal beforehand too..(WE get to scoff too I fink?)
Its a lovely place with a naice outylook over the sea front and its one floor ooop too so the view is lovely... wiggle OMG OMG sofabounce
I'm actually highlighting most of the tunes with some 'facts of the year' when they was played...e.g. remember when petrol was 5/6p a gallon and when a loaf was 5d etc and a weeks wage was £9 summat etc etc Giggle Giggle I'm doing songs from the Nat King Cole era - through to the 60 summats> fainting Shocked

SO one is ooop in me mancave fer a while jist sorting me day ahead out... Shocked fainting SO funny SO funny MY lappy down stairs keeps saying "No Intynetty" grrrrr but there is...it doesn't monitor my band email site neither fer some reason so I always come ooop to me hoffice to use the main poooty... Rolling Eyes Shocked thumbsup thumbsup

I'd better get not doing summat soon.... I spose ? Giggle Giggle shrug shrug wave wave wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 14:53

What a shame about your Pyrex dishes. I haven't seen the patterned ones for ages. I have a couple of the plain ones, which I use for apple crumbles. They usually have some nice kitchen things in TKMaxx/Home Sense, which is mostly where I go for that kind of thing. I seem to remember that Royal Worcester made some nice patterned casserole dishes.

Your concert will be lovely and even better if you get some nosh first! thumbsup

Xmas tree
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 08:39

Indeed, they are promising a roastie, it was originally a buffet, so not sure what it will finally be shrug Giggle

I have some financials to do for son and daughter and we must think about our car parking duties this afternoon for the choir concert at the Church, as there is limited parking - I might ask the garden centre if some people can park there, although they close at 4 and the Concert doesn't finish until then, and the lane is a long one. Shocked
We have nearly 100 people attending this time, which is fabulous, but the parking will be a nightmare!

We have collected nearly 60 jam jars, and are going to put candles in them all down the paths to the Church, as it will be nearly dark when everyone leaves. Hopefully we shall enjoy ourselves. The Church can't be decorated during Advent.
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 09:45

Yes, parking can be an absolute nightmare! Mind you, perhaps a lot of them are couples, so maybe there won't be quite so many cars, but even so ... shrug

I don't know how they will be able to do a roast? scratch

It is very damp and drizzly here today and must start writing cards.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 10:21

Nah Aunty the Roast event is fer MY concert at the OAP prisonplace in a couple of weeks...This'un is the choir thing at 't church...this afters..
We go out scoffing after the show ternight at6 the Bowling Green... shrug Wink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 20:29

We got to Table Table just right - in time for their carvery, which was delicious Very Happy

The concert went REALLY well, managed to park everyone OK, and the candles in the jars looked really pretty, people remarked on them. So much so, that the Church would like to use them for THEIR Carol service on 17th. I have loads of spare candles, so they are welcome, it will look lovely down their paths. Cool

Raised loads of dosh too - WRA committee had already decided we would only take £25, and leave the rest for the choir and Church funds, so the Church ended up with over £400, and it won us loads of brownie points too. Very Happy
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 21:37

What a lovely meal that must have been!

I'm so pleased that all went well with the concert and that everyone managed to park. I can imagine that the candles in the jars looked very pretty.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Mon 04 Dec 2017, 07:53

It's Monday morning again!

I went out just before it went dark yesterday with my camera, but couldn't find the moon. shrug It clouded over later.

Mk2 said last night that according to the Which magazine, Tesco Finest sausages are the best, which are the ones that I buy occasionally over there. There are some nice flavours too. Alright for the occasional treat. Sad
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Mon 04 Dec 2017, 08:44

I used to get those sausages all the time, and they used to do special offers too, but to be honest we actually like the Richmond thick sausages, they do for us. I buy big packs and freeze them down, so we can use however many we want at any one time.

Just got to pick the jards up this morning, and re-do the candles. Pol is intending to get down to the caravan to titovate for a while (whenever he gets up that is! Winking Giggle )
I have some financials to finish off, and then into the garden, which really needs some attention. Rolling Eyes
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Mon 04 Dec 2017, 10:34

I went out just before it went dark yesterday with my camera, but couldn't find the moon. :.. Shocked Shocked Giggle SO funny SO funny

ERRM its a big round bright gadget hanging ooop in the sky...so where woz yas looking then...? SO funny SO funny
hide hide hide

Yurs, one eventually remembered ter get oooop after lying in a commotosed state & semi unconcious while spreadeagled and resting me weary bones... OMG Sleep Sleep asleep asleep asleep

I just wanna do a last pre winter check at the carryvan as they have already done me disconnections fer plumbing fer winter...just hope they never left the heaters rumnning and have locked ooop after them again...then I set the Bungler alarms innit...!!

I now need to start serious on me muscik practicals  each day now and gradually get me bones used to playing 7 trillion tooons as me concert fing is a week this Fursday party2 party2 dancing dancing

Lovely bright warm(ish) and sunny starters here again and its ded 'ot sitting by the patio winders here atm dancing  sunny  sunny  sunny  Cool ...I shall need to go down me man cave soon and  swirtch stuff on so its ready when I get back from the carryvan visit...

Sossidges used to be me fave BUT recently I have a job wivvvum...might be me FAT fing occuring-same as I get wiv lardy stuff lately...? Nufffink too rich fer me these daze sadly... Sad shrug shrug

fainting wave wave wave wave wave Must dash ...enjoy... smileinabox smileinabox thumbsup

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Mon 04 Dec 2017, 14:36

I know the feeling, Sad but I have mash, friddled apple chunks, peas and tomatoes with them, so I'm alright after that. You can get reduced fat sossos. Yes, you'll have to get practicing, because everything seizes oop if it isn't used.

Mk2 said last night that the moon was westish, so that means that it was hidden by the trees.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Mon 04 Dec 2017, 15:00

angrystamp angrystamp There ain't no flippin' tree's in the sky woman.................... Bad idea Bad idea SO funny SO funny

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Mon 04 Dec 2017, 15:53

scratch You should look through my front window ... the trees are against the sky, blotting it out ... and the moon, it
seems! taunt
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Mon 04 Dec 2017, 18:18

Giggle He does like to tease! Rolling Eyes Winking

I didn't get in the garden - I don't quite know why not, cos I seem to have been busy all day.... shrug
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Mon 04 Dec 2017, 21:33

I keep meaning to do things and I haven't done them. Must start the Chrissy cards. I've got the cards and I've got the stamps. I sometimes think that I'll leave a few out and then I get such nice cards and news from them. shrug
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 09:07

I awoke at about 5am this morning and stayed awake for ages, finally went off to sleep, probably just before the radio alarm came on and then slept through everything! Giggle

Got to dash now, the gym calls!
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 10:24

Mizzz doesn't DO cardz..... but I do```````````````````` scratch  shrug sort of..
I try to keep in touch with some of the old Bedford lot-old neighbours and a couple of my late wifes mates who we'd known forever -I've done a couple already and we've had a few here...nowt from 't Queen yet though...?  Rolling Eyes ... Giggle  Giggle  Giggle
Mizzz has 'our cards' here, that we just re-sign each year SO funny SO funny SO funny SO funny

Dull'ol start here and looking cloudy above-just grey really...its 'SNOT too cold though but I hear we MIGHT be infurrrrit later week/weekend  ?

One has  a carncil style meeting in Great  Dunmow-a bit of a trek- on Friddly ...County Funding stuff... the next one isn't until next March though...(they have 4 a year) fainting Shocked

STILL nowt too much ter do here, other than our 'own' thing stuff...yaaayyyyyy cheerwave cheerwave cheers cheers I'll disspypear darn me mancave area later to  carry on with me muskiclas-jist casual stuff still as I don't wanna peak too early SO funny SO funny SO funny

Anyway..................one will return to standby fer a while l;onger......... fainting  hide  hide  hide  wave  wave  wave  wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:21

Thought I'd posted on here earlier, but obviously NOT... Rolling Eyes

Not that I have a lot to say today, due to 'imself having said most of it!! Giggle I might just get out to do a bit of tidying up, when I gather myself up to do it of course. Other than that I am pleased to say I have done most of everything I had to do, and can relax, except it feels very strange NOT to be doing much.

Off for a meal with a friend this evening, leaving Pollywibble to his own devices. Very Happy
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 15:59

Gt. Dunmow sounds a long way away? scratch   Isn't that where they have a competition each year and the winner gets a side of bacon or summat?  I saw it once in a film.  I hope that all goes well at the meeting.

I went to the gym this morning and a visit to Waitrose this afternoon to look at French butter, which we were talking about on a food board.  I did get one or two and a small piece of recommended Quicke's Cheddar which has a wonderful depth of flavour.  I also bought a baguette made with French flour, so I shall be FAT tomorrow! Sad

Enjoy your meal with your friend tonight. I expect that Pol will be cooking his liver and onions with dead fik gravy! wave
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 16:36

NOPE Cake'n'Syney Pie in gravy ternight Aunty...straight in the Microwiggler...I prefer e'm softish...
I MIGHT do a spud wivvit but one isn't too 'Ungry tbh...MIGHT also add BBnz wivvit...but that's jist  a MIGHT?

Yep it was the "Dunmow Flitch" where one couple  won the contest  by never arguing or summat shrug scratch
Its jist an hours drive from here and not a too bad a road, unless there's a prang anywhere:roll:

I don't do ANY FUNK flippin French and would  declare war onnem asap...they are a waste of space and need to learn how to cook proper... shrug Rolling Eyes SO funny SO funny

wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 18:13

I am off to the Boathouse tonight, so I'll say goodnight now.
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next