The Comfy Chair

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Re: The Comfy Chair

Post  Ronnytigs on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 08:03

Dashing off to the sale to set up... hope I manage to sell a few things, fingers crossed. Very Happy
Bit frosty this morning brrrrrrrrrr.

Have a good day one and all. wave

Ronnytigs
Admin

http://pols.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 08:32

Good morning from a snowy Lancashire! Luckily I haven't got to go out today.

I hope Ol'Pol has recovered from his meeting yesterday and has woken up! Giggle I hope it was a successful one. thumbsup It will be naice to get back into one's normal clothes as well!

I bought a small Waitrose Chrissy Pudding for £3.50 to take with me to Mk2's. It has a crystallised clementine in the middle. It's one of Heston Bloomin' wotsits.

Have a naice day! lol!
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 10:04

but don't get to watch it much any more... Giggle Giggle
NOPE BUT....I get to watch REAL people instead.... SO funny

YUP Aunty ta.... it was a really sucessful meety yusterday...we covered 35 happlicationaries all in, and had a worky lunch towards the end ovvit so we could get through as much as possibubble, so the next meety uppy 'aint until JUNE...was said ter be 4 a per year, but now we into jist two...
We ironed out  several issues yusterday (IT was a NEW set up and fraught with potential obstycals as it was  embryonical and a learning curve fer us all...we agreed to reduce the ten tonnes of papers that each Cllr had on 't table in front ovvus and just go by an appraisal sheet...That was MY suggestion too as we all had emailed duplicates and time to spend pre-meeting date etc...it'll also create more space on the table in front of us fer sarnies...smileinabox SO funny Dine out
One has now been invited to stand fer County Carncil now too and a couple of County dudes there said they would come to my patch and support IF I did so thumbsup Turnnoseup Bad idea Bad idea ... scratch thers only two of us there who are NOT Cllrs of some sort...I represent Weeley there as we were invited to be part of the whole scheme ages ago to represent a wide range of the Essex community(Rezzy association)....
I FINK I value me freedom  nowadays tbh?) we sorted well over a few squids yusterday too as some claimed several grand£££££ wiv their applications...they try to fund over a three year period for £15K over 3 years  OR £10K fer a one year project...mainly getting things started within various community groups

Dead frosty here still with FIK ice on all birdy & cat drinks BUT velly velly sunny wivvit and a clear blue sky...I saw on't telly that the West Midlands had a good dolloping of snodgy stuff which serves 'em right fer talking funny dunnit...! Giggle Giggle hide hide we din't get anyfunk other than frost!

SO...........I'll await Mizz T;s return laterwards...I don't DO 8 am starts... only fer grub:tasty: toaster Giggle
hide hide

wave wave wave wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 13:37

One has returned minus 3 ityems, it cost me to go as not many people turned up to buy. We all had a jolly time though, and I think the Tombola and raffle did really well, so our Mnady will have made some dosh for McMillan.

All stuff now in the loft, and I shall need to make Sam's room ready for her Chrimbles stay. I keep think I have ages, and then realise it's really only a couple of weeks away! When are you off to Colin's Renners?
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 14:20

Bloomin' 'eck! Me finger just touched something and my post went AWOL! Sad

I'm glad that you had a happy time at the sale this morning, but what a shame you had to put most of it back in the loft. Sad

Pol, best not to get too tied oop, wiv meetings and things. Freedom too, is important, especially when one is getting on. Winking

Well, I sprayed under me arms this morning with what I thought was anti-perspirant and it turned out to be Schwarzkopf happy hour 24 hour hairspray! Shocked SO funny SO funny
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 15:29

SO.... one now has back 'combed arm pits' then... SO funny SO funny
I did once do me 'AIR with conditioner instead of shampug... drunken

Yep ones freedom is at stake....one is trying to do flippin' LESS... SO funny SO funny  BUT by the time there's another electionary I'll prolly  be second in line ter the frone anyway...king king king king jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor  dancing dancing  I'm still waiting fer me invite fer Krimbo drinkies from HRH queen queen knit  knit  afro  afro  afro  afro

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 18:27

Got the giggles now fer some reason! Chuckle Chuckle Rolling Eyes

There hasn't been any more snow, but it will be freezing now I expect. There are some lovely Christmas lights that I can see from the back window.

Got to dash now. The washy uppy calls and then a programme! hide
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 19:12

Oop with the hairspray, so easy to do these days - I find I am getting more and more absent minded. Rolling Eyes
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 19:44

I find I am getting more and more absent minded....Giggle Giggle Giggle

HOOOMPH yer never ferget to watch that waste of time prancing &^*&%&(^ rubbish though duz ya...angrystamp angrystamp Shocked Shocked hide hide hide
One is darn me shed atm (yep its freezing flippin' cold too) BUT ... I'd rather die el~freezio than watch that &*&*^ on telly...apart from having a damned good fan heater ooop in me office Turnnoseup taunt taunt taunt

Dead freezio out there BUT, no snodge as yet...fainting Shocked Shocked

One is doing some catch ooop in me office, while there's nowt worth staying awake for on 't telly and its far TWIRLY to kip just yet:pol: OlPol
Pooter is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow right now:omg: OMG OMG fainting fainting and I still can't load some stuff onnit...hide hide hide
One has a TV in the office so its COPS time fer me on telly smileinabox smileinabox smileinabox thumbsup wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 20:31

The internetty is wubbish ternight, so I am closing down. Night Renners. wave
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 20:33

As mentioned previously, I haven't had any problems and PlusNet announced a week or so ago that it's now going to be superquick.

I'll say nighty night here then! shrug

bedtime
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 08:38

It's our Broadband in Weeley, they're obviously doing new connections and it slows everything right down. Rolling Eyes
It's fine this morning.

What a horrible grey, dank and dark morning this morning, sleet as well, all the lights are on still, it's SO dismal. Sad

Not going anywhere or doing anything today I hope.

Have a good one Renners.
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 09:17

I'm glad that your Broadband was only a temporary problem and should be back to normal now. Colin has problems with TV reception where he lives, because of next door's very tall trees, so he has problems with BBC reception most of the time. Other channels are fine.

A day in for me writing cards. Rolling Eyes At least it will get them done. No more snow overnight here, but it is forecast for today.

Stay warm!

santa
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 09:46

Well evvvy snow here nright now and since Mizzz did her "piece" a while back...its really settling here now BUT I see the forecast suggests a warm front being pulled in from darn sarf-ish areas so it'll soon thaw...? The skies DO look full oooop though shrug

The catz looked out at it and suggested...(****off) SO funny SO funny  the birds have ceased feeding too...?

I shall get down to me shed at some point...errrm laterwards...
I have written some cardsz-mainly ter Bedford peeps- but need to remember who I haven't remembered at some point as I ferget stuff... Giggle ...
Canada MIGHT get one this year?... but only 'cos Mizz reminded me that I usually ferget them (in time anyway..?) Mizzz has already posted the Florida package but now we need to send a parcel to ones dorters lot in Brizzzle...( scratch they're never IN to receive one usually.... but...hey ho... shrug  shrug

WE had a really lovely krombo card from a Rezzi member thanking us fer what we do fer Weeleyshire and saying what a lovely couple we both is.... SO funny  SO funny  SO funny  Shocked  terrified  terrified sillay arse SO funny  SO funny

SO... one will now battle wiv the wevver and the ensuing road conditions all the way darn ter me shed area...(Its all very flippin' well BUT...one has done ones hair this very morning and the snodge will  screw all that ooop...espesh as I'll have ter return to the house at Rum'o'Clock fer me medicine) in wine  in wine  in wine

Anyway................. taunt  taunt  wave  wave  wave  wave  wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 10:30

.... and it's still coming down. Cool fruit fruit
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:28

That's a lovely picture Ronny! Yes, how quickly it comes down! Nothing has happened here snow-wise since yesterday, but you never know! It's going to be minus 3 tonight. It's going to be 8C on Thursday! Summer is on its way! The week after will be alright for when I'm traveling.

What a nice card that was from a Rezzi member! It's nearly lunchtime and I haven't started the cards yet. Rolling Eyes

How are the cats, btw?
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 14:14

Catz................ errm they are CATZ................ SO funny SO funny Mine looked outside then started seeking somewhere INSIDE fer a pee...I put her on Missy's tray in the little room with the washy machine stuff and she was most contented 'doing it' innit...seemed RELIEVED SO funny SO funny SO funny Otherwise they look out there and say...........................nah Giggle
Ones dorter and Mia plus her mate Shay (grew ooop tergether and have near birthdays) are all in London fer the weekend...The Popster woz there larst weekend so now its Mia's krimbo treat Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I hope the trains run OK getting home...?

Its jist stopped snodging here after continuous snodulations since 08;30 this morning, we have a good couple of inches... shrug I FINK it'll now thaw intime to freeze inter solid ICE on the roads fer tonight...? Winking Winking

One is being dead lazy terday...errm one was also dead lazy yusterday too Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes shrug SO funny SO funny Like I REALLY CARE.....? Shocked Shocked SO funny SO funny SO funny
Hot soup'n'buttered roll fer lunchbitz and a couple of reds... Winking Winking

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 17:42

Yep - it's definitely soup weather these days.

I've been doing not much - I WAS going to get on with my oil painting, but then got sidetracked catching up with Love Lies and Records, which I found really quite good - watched all 4 episodes back to back. Cool

Wonder who'll get through to the Strictly Final? Winking
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 13:01

Ooops, I posted this on the Goodnight thread following on from someone who posted there this morning! Rolling Eyes

Now we need a photo of you in that WOOSY jumper!!!  What a larf!  Giggle Giggle   Ooops ignore that larst remark. shrug

It was about minus 3 during the night and still feels like it this morning, although it is bright and sunny.  It took me ages to clear the hard packed snow from my car windscreen and I used everything too. Rolling Eyes   My short bit of a road is still icy but all the other roads are OK.  Asda was busy, but it often is on Mondays.  There was a school choir singing in the entrance and it was so nice to listen to them.  I just needed a few things and to draw some cash.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 15:21

Not doing anything today, just getting ready for our last Coffee morning for the year tomorrow morning. I hope people still turn up despite the weather.

Snow is still here a little, but the sea keeps us warmer than elsewhere and so the snow is fast disappearing despite a fresh fall at lunchtime.

I shall try and take photos tomorrow, hopefully others will too. Winking
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 16:00

There's no sea here, unfortunately and it's freezing cold still. Blackpool was like that and we rarely had snow and if we did it melted quickly. Anyway, I don't want to go back there.

I've just put the bins out and nearly froz to dearth! I think that's Lancy speak! Giggle Giggle It's going to be about minus 4 tonight, so the heating will stay on.
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 07:50

Totally icy here this morning, you can't even hear cars going past they are going slow and muffled by the covering on the road.
I doubt we shall see many at the Coffee morning with this. Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
Fingers crossed it disappears by 10.30am. Very Happy Christmas jumpers to the fore today..... Chuckle Chuckle
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 08:18

I couldn't hear any crunch from the cars going past this morning and a very large white van was going slowly. There is about 2" of snow on the top of my car, which is parked outside the front door for the time being.

I have a class at the gym at 10:30 and then the Chrissy meal there with friends. There is quite a long road uphill to the gym, so I hope that it will be alright. shrug

Have fun at the coffee morning! Winking
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ol Pol on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 09:06

Yep sure is El~nippio here...one also has a head cold now too.... Rolling Eyes Sad Sad Sad I tried bathing it in alkyhol larst night too in wine in wine in wine in wine one wnt ter bed drowsy but sorta happy in wine in wine SO funny SO funny SO funny SO funny

Jist need to negotiate the icerink, aka the road, outside here BUT a few cars are managing.... so I expect Mizz will manage...she's a velly good driver...Winking Winking
Hopefully the Volvo will start OK... IF we can get the key to work in the lockybit!thumbsup Eekrun Eekrun

SO...(I note how everyone on TV seems to start a sentence these days with "SO"...?) nowt much going on except the coffee morning terday then get me gear sorta ready for Thursdays evening singy gig...make sure I have everything ready stuff...I won't need that much as its only for around 30 Old Age prisoners:shock: fainting fainting

I shall be in relax mode if anyone wants me.................hide wave wave wave wave

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnytigs on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 15:25

We needn't have been concerned, the Coffee morning was really wqell attended, we had 41 of us there, so it just goes to show how much people enjoy it every month, to have made such an effort. Very Happy It was a freebie for everyone (Hilltop just charged WRA £40, which is much cheaper than the usual £2.50 a head, so a result)
We had a raffle which went to the owner's favourite charity - Cancer Research - her husband died earlier this year from pancreatic cancer, so it seemed a really good thing to do, and we raised a staggering £105!

Also, our plans for 2018 were met with a lot of approval with people quite keen about a couple of competitions we want to run, so all in all, a very successful morning! Now we can really relax for a while. Laughing Winking
Ronnytigs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next